- Understand the structure and demands of the course,
- Understand the importance of preparation in order to maximise benefit from the programme,
- Be aware of the range of employment opportunities and techniques for successful job searching
- Be aware of the requirements for, and contents of, an appropriate professional CV, and;
- Be aware of the key elements in maximising chances of a successful interview.
Usually take place in an isolated location, often on an island off the coast of Europe, where trainees are introduced to a range of increasingly complex tasks to develop and employ, with confidence, the hierarchy of skills required in the work environment. A series of seminar sessions further develop the ideas from the UK programme. Extensive work on leadership, teamwork, self-confidence and motivation is incorporated throughout all the activities. The programme culminates in an extended real-world project employing all of the skills acquired during the programme. This is an intensive experience involving effort and discipline and is what makes the whole scheme work so effectively.